The old fire barn was constructed in 1876 and was the school in the village that was platted as Fyfe Lake, now called Southtown. In 1885 the “White” school, a new and larger school, was built behind today’s Fife Lake elementary school. Soon after, this building was moved to its present location to house the equipment used by the volunteer firefighting team from the 1880’s on.
Today, the building houses uniforms from 120 years ago, large wheeled firefighting equipment, a 1937 fire truck, and a series of displays illustrating medical care and emergency services from the past.
The firebarn is open Fridays and Saturdays from 1:00 to 4:00 PM from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
Here are some additional pictures of the Fire Barn.
FIre Barn with Oldtimers
Fire Barn with the 1937 Engine
FIre Barn in Fall 2010
design and hosting by dbr design